Monday 1 January 2018

2018 PSYCHE RULES TO LIVE BY


Typography by: DesignByWas

I'm sure at this time of year many of us have been sitting back, sipping some bubbly (or other bevvy of your choice) and reflecting on the events which have happened throughout the past 365 days. 2017 has taught us all a lot, each in our own way through our own experiences. I'm not one of these cliché people who's going to ramble on about a 'New Year and a New Me'. I see myself in 2018 as the same me, just a better, extended version. I don't see these as resolutions as such, these are more rules for life, which are to be practiced throughout 2018. Little tips to make your successful year that little bit happier.

- MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR PAST
This is something I've struggled with for a long time. Sometimes if someone has done us wrong in the past it's not to assume everyone else is going to do the same thing to you. Truth is, they usually aren't and if they do, it's time to get rid. Past events are what shapes us into who we are today, they are so important and something to be often proud of.

- WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL
It's also not your problem either. It's time to spend a little less worry on what others think about you, and more focus on what you actually think about yourself.

 - LEARN THAT TIME IS THE BEST HEALER
We've all been through some kind of heart break. Whether it's loosing someone close to our hearts, going through a break up or perhaps being unwell. It hurts so much at first and often you have no idea how you're going to cope. Trust me though, you will. Eventually, in time things do get better. You naturally adapt to certain situations and remember, if it's meant to be it will be. Nothing in life should be forced. Often when we face a difficult time it's actually preparing us for something even better in the future.

- YOU NEED TO CONTROL YOUR OWN HAPPINESS, NO ONE ELSE CAN DO THAT FOR YOU
I'm one of those who often seeks happiness through others. Like I need to feel wanted and valued by others in order to be happy. I've learnt that actually, you'll only be disappointed. Save yourself the heart ache and learn to give yourself the values you seek from others. Learn to love yourself and value your own self worth. Learn to be comfortable within yourself and to be completely happy having time on your own. There is no point relying on others you give you the love you desire, most of the time they are not capable. 

- DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS
I am the worst when it comes to this. I'm forever scrolling through my instagram wishing and searching for ways to look like someone else. Or thinking, maybe they'd like me if I looked like her... They've liked her photo so I should look like that... Oh, they like her then, maybe I should adapt the way I am to be more like her. 
NO NO NO. Just stop before you literally drive yourself crazy. You are you and that is your power! We all have things we don't like about ourselves. I'm certain that most of us would like to have nose jobs or boob jobs or some sort of surgery. There really is no need. I am one though, for believing if you're doing it for yourself then fine. If it's really going to boost you, benefit your life then fair enough. If you're just changing yourself in order to impress someone else, or because you feel that's how society has taught you to be, then you need to snap out of that and fast.

- STOP THINKING SO MUCH
We have thousands, millions of thoughts passing through our mind each and everyday. It's knowing which ones to block out & which ones to focus on. The quality of your day, or even life is dependent on your thoughts. So many times we are put off new adventures as our sub-conscious kicks in and we talk ourselves out of taking risks. Think of all the amazing experiences we miss out on and how potentially our lives could be oh so different.

- POSITIVE THOUGHTS CREATE POSITIVE THINGS
The thoughts & attitude you hold each morning determine how good your day is going to be. Ever wondered how some people just get so much in life? Well, most of the time it's because of their positive, can-do mindset. Every situation can be completely different when you learn to view it from a different angle. When you see yourself in a negative situation always try to focus on the positive, there is always a silver lining.

- SMILE MORE, LEARN TO EMBRACE IT
Smiling is something I'm self-conscious about in photos. I would say, in life I am pretty smiley, yet when the camera comes out the anxiety kicks in. I'm not particularly confident with the way I look when I smile. Especially because of my gap teeth. This is something nowadays people actually desire to have! Well, I guess we often want what we don't have, and don't always want what we do have. 
I'm learning now that I am who I am. I need to learn to embrace my 'unusual' features and stay true to myself.

- LOVE YOURSELF
When scrolling through instagram I see so many girls (especially) reposting quotes such as; "love yourself", but in life very few of them actually do. Well, practice what you preach, we all need to. It's time to accept the way you are, things of course can be changed if not too dramatic. Really, we are all so lucky and beautiful in our own way, we need to have the confidence to match & show the world. 
You first have to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to love you. Your own self love is the most important love you will ever receive.

- KINDNESS IS FREE
This is one of the easiest things you can practice every day and it wont cost you a penny. Whether it's saying a few extra thank yous, complimenting someone or even fulfilling a simple act of kindness to brighten someones day.
I can not explain how important it is to be kind. You never know what battles people are facing behind closed doors. That being said, Mental Health is a subject so well spoken about these days. Simple, kind words can make someones day. We're all here for the same reason, so why not be kind to each other along the way? You never know when you may need them or when they may need you. 

If you have any rules that you are going to live by in 2018 please comment below. I'd love to hear them!

LLC xo

 





  








 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© thepsychestyle. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig